Academy Governance Summit
Academy trusts sit within an increasingly dynamic external environment as they respond to new government policy and compliance requirements, and the demands brought by the pandemic. Governance professionals play a crucial role in supporting trusts and their governance stakeholders in navigating the changing landscape and translating policy into practice.
Who should attend?
Governance professionals, clerks, and anyone responsible for governance in trusts, in order to support their understanding, practice and values of governance.
- To explore the theme of dynamic governance – governance that is evolving and responsive – from a range of perspectives
- On the first day of the summit, we will focus and seek to understand the link between governance, strategy, values and the development of our trusts
- On day two, we will explore the effectiveness of our trusts and local governance boards
- Hear insights from prominent policy-makers and speakers from a range of sectors
- Take away practical advice and resources from experts
- Network and meet partner organisations who support academy trusts
- Attend optional paid workshops focusing on key governance skills